The Best (and Easiest!) Recipe in our Gourmet Garden Kit
Whether you're growing your own, hitting the local farmer's market, or just looking for a way to use some leftover herbs from last night's dinner, this herbed goat cheese is our best party trick.
You can use any combination of herbs you have on hand. The edible flowers are optional, but really add some magic. This dish takes 15 minutes to make and will wow your friends and family this summer!
Flower and Herb Goat Cheese
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: N/A Serves: 4
- 8 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- A variety of fresh herbs, including chives, thyme, parsley, and/or oregano, coarsely chopped
- A variety of edible flowers (we love violas, borage, or calendula), petals torn to about 1/4 inch in size
- Flake sea salt, such as Maldon
- Freshly ground pepper
- On a platter or board, smear goat cheese to about 1/4-inch thick.
- Scatter herb leaves across goat cheese, then scatter flower petals. Press the herbs and flowers lightly into the goat cheese with your hands (otherwise they will blow away!).
- Sprinkle flake sea salt and freshly ground pepper over top. Pair with your favorite crackers and enjoy!
Note: Can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.