Cost:$65.00 per person
About this experience
Yearning to find beauty in imperfection and embrace the value of lasting transformation? Join us to learn the meditative art of Modern Kintsugi (Kin-(t)sue-ghee), a healing practice rooted in the Japanese tradition of mending broken objects with gold, celebrating their newfound beauty.
In this 2 hour class, you will:
- Discover the philosophy of Japanese Wabi Sabi, where imperfection is cherished as an essential element of life
- Learn the differences between Traditional and Modern Kintsugi
- Go on a healing journey as you break then repair a piece of pottery with gold
- Take a moment for you to embrace the meaning of Kintsugi into your world
You will finish this class with a beautifully repaired piece of pottery that will hopefully inspire you to see the beauty in the broken all around you.
Choose from the following dates by clicking the 'book now' button on the left:
- Friday, September 8, 7-9pm
- Wednesday, October 11, 6:30-8:30pm
Melanie learned about the Japanese art form Kintsugi over 10 years ago and was inspired by its philosophy of acknowledging the beauty in perceived flaws. Although the traditional Kintsugi method is not accessible for all, Melanie discovered how Modern Kintsugi can honor the traditional meaning and method while updating the materials to give access to all. Melanie is thrilled to guide you on your journey of discovering all Kintsugi has to offer.