ABOUT US: We facilitate hand-ons experiences through both in-person classes (in Seattle) and DIY Kits (shippable nationwide!).
Making art, cooking, learning new things, and connecting over shared interests is our small contribution to making the world a better place. Nurturing our community is core to who we are and we live by the motto that everyone is welcome at The Works, always.
ABOUT YOU: We are looking for someone who is:
- Self-directed, ideally with experience working in a start-up or similar self-guided, self-managed environment.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and able to prioritize between multiple projects and deadlines.
- An eager contributor who believes in constant quality improvement (i.e. something doesn't have to be wrong in order to improve it).
THE ROLE: This is a unique opportunity to join The Works’ team and grow with us at our Capitol Hill location. This team member will work directly with the Founder/Owner to support the implementation of our class and kit businesses, as well as the in-person operations of our brick and mortar shop.
- Must love spreadsheets! Keep the operation running by managing class registrations, supply inventory, shift calendars, and more.
- Provide a phenomenal customer experience in all areas of interaction (email, phone, in-person, DMs, etc.).
- Regularly fulfill online orders for local pick-up and shipping.
- Lead creation of posts, stories, and reels and engage with our community on social media.
- Support our teaching team by hosting 4-6 classes per month. The host role includes welcoming students, assisting with set-up and clean-up, and operating the point of sale system. Occasionally represent The Works at pop-ups or maker markets.
We are willing to train the right person even if you don't have all of the qualifications listed. Your positive attitude, adaptability, and willingness to receive and apply feedback are the most important assets we're searching for.
- This is a part-time position starting with 20 hours per week. It will include a mix of work from home and work in the shop. There is some flexibility to the work from home schedule. Shifts in the shop will include some evenings and weekends.
- Receive a 25% discount on classes, kits, and retail.
- We promote from within and are looking for someone to grow into a leadership position, which will come with an increase in hours and pay rate over a period of time.
- College degrees are not required. We value diversity and we strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other marginalized communities to apply.
- We take the health and safety of our staff and customers seriously and provide an environment with Covid precautions in place and follow all state and federal guidelines. Effective September 1, 2021, all team members must be able to show proof of full vaccination and wear a mask while inside our shop.
TO APPLY: Send an email to email@example.com. Include your resume and a cover letter detailing your past experiences and why you think you would be a great fit for The Works.
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled but we are hoping to hire our next team member to begin in October!