We're Hiring Teachers!
ABOUT US: The Works Seattle is a community of people with passionate interests and the curiosity to learn more. We teach hands-on experiences through in-person classes at our shop in Pioneer Square and through DIY Kits shipped nationwide.
Making art, cooking, learning new things, and connecting over shared interests is our small contribution to making the world a better place. Nurturing our community is core to who we are and we live by the motto that everyone is welcome at The Works, always.
ABOUT YOU: We are looking for someone who is:
- Articulate, friendly, and comfortable with public speaking, ideally with experience in teaching or facilitating workshops.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and able to prioritize between multiple projects and deadlines.
- A team player with a can-do attitude, valuing diversity in perspectives, approaches, and backgrounds.
THE ROLE: This is a unique opportunity to join The Works’ team and grow with us at our Pioneer Square location. This team member will teach classes, develop DIY Kits, and contribute to a dynamic environment.
- Teach an average of 4 hands-on classes per month. Develop lesson plans, timelines, and handouts.
- Host an average of 4 in-house and partner teacher classes per month. The host role includes welcoming students, assisting with set-up and clean-up, and operating the point of sale system. Occasionally represent The Works at pop-ups or maker markets.
- Develop 1-2 DIY Kits per year, including design, contents, and video instruction.
We are willing to train the right person even if you don't have all of the qualifications listed. Your positive attitude, adaptability, and willingness to receive and apply feedback are the most important assets we're searching for.
- This is a part-time position starting with 20 hours per week. It will include varying hours and days, including evenings and weekends.
- We offer competitive wages, including sick leave. Receive a 25% discount on classes, kits, and retail. We are invested in your growth and offer a $500 annual continuing education budget.
- We promote from within and are looking for someone to grow into a leadership position, which will come with an increase in hours and pay rate over a period of time.
- College degrees are not required. We value diversity and we strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other marginalized communities to apply.
TO APPLY: Send an email to email@example.com. Include your resume and a cover letter detailing your past experiences and why you think you would be a great fit for our team.
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled but we are hoping to hire our next team member to begin in September!