Work With Us
We're Hiring A Part-Time Seasonal Host!
ABOUT US: We are The Works, and we believe that learning should be fun, inspiring, and enriching! We teach hands-on experiences through in-person classes at our shop in Fremont and through DIY Kits shipped nationwide. Nurturing our community is core to who we are and we live by the motto that everyone is welcome at The Works, always.
THE ROLE: This is a unique seasonal opportunity to join The Works’ team! This team member will host seasonal classes and private events during the months of November and December.
- The Host is an upbeat, positive person who will be responsible for supporting the teachers and ensuring smooth operations of our classes.
- You will host an average of 3 hands-on classes and/or private events per week. The host role includes:
- Cultivating a welcoming environment and checking in students
- Providing wine and beer service (a MAST permit required, we will pay for your training if needed)
- Assisting with set-up and clean-up
- Operating the point of sale system
- Some classes and events will take place at our workshop in Fremont, while others will take place on-site at various client locations around Seattle.
- Optionally, as time allows, represent The Works at maker markets around town, selling our DIY Kits.
ABOUT YOU: We are looking for someone who is:
- Versed in customer service, ideally with retail experience, and a flexible schedule with the ability to work both weekday evenings and weekends.
- Articulate, friendly, and comfortable with public speaking, ideally with experience in teaching or facilitating workshops for adults.
- A team player with a can-do attitude, valuing diversity in perspectives, approaches, and backgrounds.
- This is a part-time position of up to 12 hours per week. It will include varying hours and days, including evenings and weekends.
- We expect this position to begin in late October with orientation and training and for you to start hosting in November. This position will continue through December 22, 2023. We believe in promoting from within, so there will be an opportunity to continue on a part-time basis into the New Year for the right person!
- Compensation for this position starts at $18.69 per hour and includes potential for a holiday bonus. You will also receive a 25% discount on classes and kits.
- College degrees are not required. We value diversity and we strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other marginalized communities to apply.
TO APPLY: Send an email to email@example.com. Include your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you would be a great fit for our team.