WE GIVE BACK
We’ve always believed that we can do more together than we can alone, and that’s why we support community organizations and nonprofits through both volunteer time and financial donations. Here are a few examples of our values in action:
- We believe that the essential skills we teach at The Works should be accessible to EVERYONE, but we realize they often aren’t. As a small step toward making The Works a space for everyone, we offer community events every month. This includes everything from plant swaps to art nights to cookie exchanges. They are offered on a sliding scale starting at $0 and everyone is welcome.
- Each month we donate 5% of our sales to a social justice organization that is dear to our hearts, including the Black Lives Matter movement, immigration reform, LGBTQIA+ rights, and environmental sustainability.
- We partner with Market Commons, a non-profit based in iconic Pike Place Market, to provide free classes in a variety of topics. Market Commons' mission is to provide accessible resources to help our diverse community thrive and we're honored to be a part of it!
- We support schools: Just this year, we've donated over $2,500 to local school auctions and fundraisers.
- In 2019, we partnered with Lokokitchen to host a series of benefits supporting local, national, and international charities. Together, we raised over $5,000 that went directly to these organizations.