Dutch Oven Bread
Ready to jump on the homemade bread bandwagon, but aren't sure where to start? This class is for you! We'll teach you the fundamental methods of mixing, folding, shaping, proofing, and baking artisan bread at home. Once you understand these basic bread making techniques, you can branch out to different types of flours, leveners, and flavors! With hands-on guidance each step of the way, this digital class will leave feeling empowered and ready to bake at home!
To follow along with the video at home, you'll need the following ingredients and equipment.
- Flour: 1000g (8 cups) Unbleached, all-purpose white flour (protein content should be 11%-12%)
- Water: 720g (3 cups) of bottled, filtered or tap water
- Salt: 21g (I TBSP + 1 TSP) Fine-grind sea salt or mined salt
- Yeast: 4g (1 TSP) Instant dried yeast.
- Dough tub: A large tupperware with a lid or a large glass bowl will also work - the best size is 10 inches in diameter and at least 8 inches deep
- Dutch Oven: 4-quart works best - make sure it is heatproof to 500F
- Digital Scale: Accurate to single grams
- Instant read thermometer
- Proofing Basket (optional): If you are using a 4-quart Dutch oven, a 9-inch proofing basket will be perfect - you can also use a well-floured tea towel inside a similar size bowl in instead