Cinco de Mayo at Home [digital]
Just because we're stuck at home doesn't mean we can't celebrate Cinco de Mayo in style! Explore the fascinating history of this holiday, and then get hands-on customizing your own salsa frescas, guacamole, and margaritas! In this class you'll learn:
- The one big secret to flavorful homemade salsas (hint: it's not a blender!)
- A grocery store hack to checking avocados for ripeness, and how to remove the pit without cutting yourself
The difference between types of tequilas and orange liqueurs, and which ones will make the best margarita
Finish this class knowing how make all of these homemade treats without a recipe, including how to mix and match flavors based on what you love and what's in season. You'll remember Cinco de Mayo 2020 as the one that went down in history!
The video for this course is 40 minutes long, split across 4 modules. Participate live, or pause and work on the steps independently. Each of our digital classes equate to approximately 90 minutes of active hands-on time.
To follow along with the video at home, you'll need the following ingredients.
For the salsa (choose at least 1 or as many as you like from each category)
- Tomato, peach, mango, grapefruit, 1-2 ears of corn, ⅓ pineapple
- Garlic, onions, scallions, chives, shallots
- Jalapeño, habañero, serrano, fresno
- Cilantro, mint, basil, cumin, coriander
- Lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit
For the guacamole
- 2-3 Avocados
- 1 Jalapeno or serrano pepper
- ¼ Red or yellow onion
- 2 limes
- Garlic (optional)
- Cumin (optional)
For the margarita
- 1.5-2 oz Quality blanco or reposado tequila (look for 100% agave on the label)
- 1.5-2 oz Cointreau or triple sec
- 2 Limes
- Kosher salt
- Cocktail shaker, quart sized mason jar or container, or 2 pint glasses
- Glass for serving
- Cutting board
- Flat bottomed measuring cup, mug, or bowl
- 2 Medium bowls (one for salsa, one for guacamole)
- Tortilla chips
This course is available on-demand for you to access whenever you wish. After completing your order, you will receive TWO emails from our video partner Kajabi. One will contain your username and password (which you can change after logging in) and the other will contain the course access. Please create your account and then log in to access the course!