Cost:$65.00 per person
About this experience
Do you have a hole in your favorite pair of jeans? Are you looking for a way to jazz up an old jacket? Try Sashiko mending, the original visible mending technique!
In this 2 hour class, you will:
- Learn how to do a running stitch (sewing life skill achievement unlocked!)
- Discover the Sashiko history, method, and form
- Understand how to prep your fabric and plan future projects
Get hands-on in class mending your very own piece, and go home with our Sashiko starter set (large and small Sashiko needles, a palm thimble, and a water soluble pencil) ready for your next project. Leave class with all your newfound knowledge AND skills to fix all those pairs of jeans in the coolest way possible!
Optional: Bring your own item you would like to start mending to class (we recommend items made of tightly woven cottons and natural fibers such as denim, canvas, or linen).
- Thursday, September 28, 7-9pm
- Friday, October 13, 6:30-8:30pm
Ashley enjoys bringing life back into her well-loved garments, especially her handmade items, by mending. Her mending pile seems to only grow these days, thanks to her dog Josie and friends dropping off their items into her capable hands.