Cost:$38.00 per person
About this experience
With nothing more than a few simple tools, transform an ordinary sheet of paper into an extraordinary piece of art using the centuries old artform of paper cutting! Join us to learn the foundations of positive and negative space and apply your new knowledge to create a one of a kind frame worthy design.
In this 3 hour class you will learn:
- About the art and history of paper cutting
- Techniques and concepts needed to create a paper cut piece, including negative/positive space
- Tips for creating your design, including utilizing the connection points within your design
- How to affix the design to another piece of paper for a color blocked effect
You will leave class with your very own hand cut piece of work finished in a frame ready to hang and the knowledge to create and design more pieces for years to come!
Choose the following date by clicking the 'book now' button on the left:
- Friday, February 2, 6-9pm
In addition to teaching at The Works, Robin is an artist and designer. Since early on she has loved the tactical nature of paper. She finds joy in combining her design skills with paper art, and she’s excited to share this medium with you!