Who said Risotto has to be hard?
This is one of our go-to recipes! Rather than requiring constant tending, this risotto bakes in the oven and is then topped with a healthy portion of herbs and greens. The best part (besides being hands-off!) is that you can swap the herbs based on what's in season or what you have on-hand. The finished product is rich and creamy but also packed with healthy greens - we dare say it's so good that even non-veggie lovers might like it!
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided into 2 tablespoons and 3 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups stock
- A total of 3 cups of chopped herbs and greens (possibilities include: basil, arugula, spinach, parsley, chives or green onions, dill, mint, and tarragon)
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. In a large, oven-safe pot, melt butter then add the rice, cooking for 3 to 5 minutes and stirring constantly.
- When the rice is toasted, add in about 1/2 cup of white wine. Season the rice with salt and pepper and let cook until the wine is reduced.
- Add the the stock to the pot and stir. Bake, covered, for about 30 to 40 minutes, until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- When the rice is done, stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter until it melts, then stir in the herbs and cheese.
- If necessary, add a little more stock to keep the risotto moist and creamy - it should form a spreading mound when spooned onto the plate. Taste and season with black pepper and additional salt if necessary.